Thursday, October 14, 2010

Monochromatic Night!

Well two nights ago it was late and we were doing homework and Brenton was wearing a completely red outfit, shorts and shirt. After chiding him a little I went in and put on my blue sweatshirt, and Hunter walks in wearing black. What are the odds? We decide that it's monochromatic color night and we should have a photo shoot to remember the moment by. The funniest thing was that our window blinds were wide open and there were people  out on the sidewalk who could see us being goofballs, and since it was dark out we couldn't really see them! Oh well, sometimes you are allowed to live in the moment and be spontaneous!

We were trying to keep a stern face to look serious, but failed when the timer went off!

We got this one.

Its not monochromatic night without a picture where you are jumping, right? (Me on one foot of course)  haha :)


The weather as of late has been PERFECT. Throughout middle school and high school there were certain days in the fall I would remember when the sun would be out and it would be brisk and cold at the same time. Whenever anyone asked me what my favorite weather was I would tell them that it was when it was sunny and cold out, (and DRY of course! Here there isn't that problem but in Vancouver you only get a few days in fall where it is dry!) My reasoning was that you could be active and not be too hot. Indeed it feels amazing here in the mornings when it is sunny but like 50 degrees out. The weather takes me back to middle school, when Tripper and I would get off the bus in mid-October at my house and I would go to the top of the driveway and he would be in the street and we would just throw a frisbee for hours on end. We would play this game where I had to guard the garage doors, and he had to try and hit them from the street with the frisbee. He has a rocket arm (even in middle school) so blocking the garage doors was sometimes extremely hard, but I sacraficed my hands to the frisbee more than once. Ah, good memories. :)


This is where Tripper would be standing, and I would be up there guarding those garage doors. Ah, sunny Vancouver is the best.

Also, as I was writing this post I realized one important thing. I LOVE the smell of freshly cut grass. I love when the people come and mow the lawns here because it makes everything look so perfect and orderly. Our dorm smells like freshly cut grass right now, and I love it. 


3 comments:

  1. How fun. Yes, freshly cut grass is a pleasant scent. Very cool how you all matched! You must all be telepathic ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember that game! very fun to watch and a bit dangerous to play sometimes. :)

    ReplyDelete