Monday, October 18, 2010

Early To Bed Early To Rise

Generally I feel like I am a pretty productive person in my daily life. I keep a journal, draw often to try and better my talents, read my scriptures daily, stay active, but still I always had the impending feeling like I am being a goober at college because of my wretched SLEEPING CYCLE!

Alas, it is the one pitfall that almost everyone here suffers from. So much to do, so much fun to be had or homework to accomplish in so little time that the nights get longer and the mornings get later. On an average school night a 1:30 bedtime is normal for people around here. Last night was about to be no exception, because several of my friends still hadn't done homework due tomorrow and it was 10:00 at night (myself included). We were so anti-homework we would find any excuse not to do it, including putting on our brightest colors, march out into our kitchen, and do the oompa loompa dance bobbing up and down every other person so the people across the way in the other building could see. They thought it was funny and were cracking up, and then we marched single file out of the kitchen, changed clothes in 2 seconds, and marched back out to do it again. That's how spontaneous we were being. 

Once they left, my Brenton and I still couldn't stifle any reason to do homework. I was tired enough at 10:30 that I said, "honestly, I couldn't get any Book of Mormon reading right now if my life depended on it. I can't focus!" We both agreed that it would be to our mutual benefit to go to bed at 10:45 (UNHEARD OF?!?) and wake up at 6:20 to get everything done. After sleeping restfully well, we woke up without a hitch and did our Book of Mormon reading and I scrambled 7 eggs and toasted bread and we had eggs and toast (thanks for the onion flakes, Mom, they make the eggs a lot better!). Its still before 8:00 which is when I would normally get up and I have accomplished so much! I even prepared a little for studying for my Classical Era Music Test tomorrow at the testing center! 

If anything getting to bed earlier and doing my scripture reading right in the morning will make my day better along with prepare me for my mission, where waking up at 6 and studying scriptures is the norm. It would not be a smart thing to enter the field with a sleeping disorder. 

I feel prepared and ready for the day, as I listen and attempt to memorize Symphony No. 40 in G Minor, K. 550 II by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart -- Its better to study this now then tonight at 11:00 PM too! 

Have a wonderful day! 


1 comment:

  1. Ah, yes. Good sleeping cycles are great habits to make now. Glad you were able to accomplish so much!

    ReplyDelete