Honestly there is no where like college where you come to miss people and things in your life that you had before. Granted, this is up there as one of the most brilliant, amazing places I have ever, and will ever be in my lifetime, but after growing up in one place your whole life you come to realize at college that certain things are sincerely and dearly missed.
For me, its my Mom. She's a real sweetheart. She has done everything in her life to help me be successful and be the person I am. Sometimes I took her for granted, but she is still always there for me. I love you Mom.
My Mom suffers from a rare illness that is not commonly known about, nor commonly cared about. It is called chronic fatigue syndrome. Basically, it would be like being in a perpetual state of tiredness, or fatigue. Like that sickly feeling of having the flu....all the time....all day....every day. She has had it for a very long time but it really has manifested itself in her life the past five years or so, and it is really hard for her to get out of the house. For anyone who has never heard of this, here:
I don't like that video because it makes me sad. But it is good for everyone to see. My Mom is the kindest, most benevolent person on the entire planet, but people forget all that she does. They don't send Birthday cards or letters of greeting, no calls or visits. So Mom, I just want you to know how much I love you and appreciate you. You are honestly my hero, that perfect example that I have in my life of someone I can aspire to be like. Whether it be sending us a big box of pringles, or a map of the world in a gigantic box, or just talking to me when I need you, you always do the right thing. I love you so much, and I hope that you can remember that you will get better soon! Remember my favorite scripture? 3rd Nephi 17:7:
7: Have ye any that are sick among you? Bring them hither. Have ye any that are lame or blind or halt, or maimed, or leprous, or that are withered, or that are deaf, or that are afflicted in any manner? Bring them hither and I will heal them, for I have compassion upon you; my bowels are filled with mercy.
Remember that Mom, I know you will be better soon and you can come visit me in Provo and then we will travel the world :) But for now I hope you are doing the best, and you can have comfort in knowing you have raised an amazing family in the Gospel and we all love you so much.
Well, said Carson. That was beautiful just like your mom.
ReplyDelete