Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Symphony No. 40 - Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart

Over the past 24 hours the one thing that has been stuck in my head more then anything has been Mozart's famous Symphony No. 40, mainly due in part to my impending Classical Music test that I will be taking today. The Classical Era has been my favorite for a variety of reasons. None of that Gregorian Plainchant or Catholic Masses where you had to specify between the Kyrie and the Credo. The Classical Era started in 1750 and went until 1830, and It was much more captivating than the Baroque era also in my opinion. Classical era has more symphonies and movements, and the sonata form and double exposition form are more invigorating to me. The tunes are more hummable <-- That is a real word, my teacher says it all the time, and overall more enjoyable. Haydn's Symphony 95 is also very good, differentiating between the II and IV movement can be difficult but I figured out the II movement of symphonies are meant to be more beautified and the IV movements are more playful and melodic. These are just a few things running through my head, and until I take the test I won't be able to get them out.

Mom, I finally made those Oatmeal cookies you gave me right as I was leaving home in August :) We decided to make them in a cupcake pan because we didn't have a baking sheet (How could I forget that while packing). We loaded them up in the pan and we undercooked them so when we pulled them out the middle was a little caved in but the center was sooo gooey and delicious. We only ate 1 because we delivered the other 12 to girls that are hurt in our ward, Kat because she tore her meniscus and Corinne because she strained her hamstring and Julie because she had surgery in her mouth somewhere I think...I dunno. But I think we really made at least a few of their nights by delivering them. They were really grateful to get them and It felt amazing getting them. We also made it back in time to get in bed by 10:30 haha! Unheard of!!

Here's to another good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment