Friday, October 15, 2010

Hidden Treasures

My wonderful Mom recently sent me a massive bag of Pistachio nuts, my favorite kind, in case anyone was wondering. Every night before I go to bed I get out a bowl and snack on a few, which generally turns into a lot. Shells galore! But doing this has led me to realize that there are little treasures in the bag, ones that require no shelling of any sorts, they are like pearls out of their shell. Maybe I'm just a pistachio nerd, but whenever I get to a pistachio that is already out of its shell, I get excited because I can just pop it in and eat it. Conversely, whenever there is one that is in the shell and has no split in it, I get really upset because there is no physical way to get them out! It aggravates me to a degree. And so, if this is making any sense whatsoever, I urge us all to look for the little treasures in life, the unshelled pistachios, if you will.

5 comments: