Sunday, October 24, 2010

Its Raining Its Pouring....

The weather out as of late is extremely wet and cold. Just like good ol' Vancouver, Washington! Its like getting a taste of home again. It went quite some time without raining, and then the sky just opened up yesterday morning and it went all day (but as luck would have it it stopped conveniently for the 3 hours of the football game vs. Wyoming). I didn't mind the torrential downpour, it felt good in my honest opinion. It felt like it was a long time coming :) Saturday was awesome! I got to do everything I love! Wake up early, go to our intermural soccer game (sadly I didn't want to play to further injure myself) which we won, Justin scored two immaculate goals to lead us to victory! After this I got to go over to his house to have a pancake breakfast, just like old times during the world cup when we would go over at 6:00 AM and have pancracks <--- inside terminology, with chocolate chips. My sister came over too and we had a little reunion, then we left and Hunter and I ran in the rain to the baseball stadium (which I love the design of, so aesthetically pleasing), so that I could redeem two emails I got for free T-shirts for having non-rotated seats at the Football games. One for me and one for my sister. Once I had those in hand I jogged back to heritage in the rain, and let me tell you after being hurt with a sprained ankle, running felt so good. I could've ran forever if I had to! When I got back I didn't have much time, but I got ready in my rain gear and we left for the football game.

We were playing Wyoming, and should have dominated them but sadly they made it a close game at the end and we had to fend them off for the close victory. But victory to me wasn't even the best part of the game...

http://www.zurqui.com/crinfocus/paper/airplane.html

Right before half time I made a paper airplane out of my ticket that I had in my pocket. Although it took a long time I remembered one day in high school I was bored and looked this up online. It is the DC-3 of paper airplanes (for those non-airplane buffs, the DC-3 is an extremely reliable dual prop transport plane that was in service for around 60 years and are still used in some parts of the world today). I folded it out of my crinkled ticket and Brenton and Dallin both folded their respective designs. Now, I am about halfway up those bleachers, and when we all threw our airplanes mine was lucky enough to catch a tremendous updraft. It flew so perfectly over the heads of everyone that it went ALL THE WAY DOWN TO THE FIELD...as it flew people started cheering for the little airplane that could. It kept going and going and going and finally it was down close to the field as the band was marching out and it hit a band kid in his tall hat and everyone erupted in fanfare and cheering. It was the funniest, most incredible moment! It made my week.

After the game I rushed to get my soccer gear, wrapped my ankle real tight and went to the RB turf fields for our world cup match against Germany. The Germans were all 22-24 year old mexicans and russians who were insanely good at soccer so losing 6-2 or 7-2 wasn't sad at all, we tried our hardest. I couldn't shoot with my right foot so I wasn't too effective, but off one of my corner kicks Justin came storming in and headed it into goal. Later on I hit a screamer with my left foot (i thought it was kinda lucky it had so much power) but it went right into the upper corner of the goal. I was really excited. It was a fun experience waiting in the torrential downpour to play. I was soaking wet.

Later that night afterwards I got to go to the last girls soccer game as well, and then Wendy's afterwards. The best part about the game was the hot chocolate, because it was so cold. Luckily Karlee helped me tie my scarf so I didn't look like a babushka with it tied around my head and ears haha :)


You don't wanna know what kinda sauce Karlee mixed...also, I saw a random kid from Shahala middle school in my 7th grade named Cody Hauver....I recognized him and called him out and we had a great conversation...I think he was weirded out though that I recognized him and he had no idea who I was..I just have a good memory I guess!



The view of Timp with snow on it now!

Overall its been a great weekend, and Sunday can only be better! Already I woke up at 6:30 to go to our missionary "morningside" at 7:00. It was really awesome! This kid talked about in high school when his best friend joined the church and it reminded me of Tripper. Then this other girl who he baptized was on Skype and she gave a talk to all of us all the way from Arizona! It was really powerful and spiritual, and made me realized how awesome technology really is!

2 comments:

  1. It's raining really hard here too. It's awesome. It's the time for hot chocolate and fireplaces :) So glad you had a spiritual time at the morningside.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know Cody Hauver too! His family was in Lacamas Creek ward with us before they moved. That's cool that you remembered him and were able to visit....I imagine that was a lot of catching up to do! =)

    ReplyDelete