The UNLV Rebels (first of all, the name of their school makes it seem like they are about to go through secession all over again, a la the Civil War haha) went down in Provo. The Jimmer was too hot to handle. I feel like a sports writer right now, but I had a really good time at this game. I feet honored to witness the all new all time Mountain West Scoring Leader score 29 points in this game today.
I have awesome friends who know people, so instead of camping out for days to get good seats, we came 20 minutes before they let everyone into the arena and got seats 8 rows back, where all the action takes place. The fans were crazy even before the game. A few of them erected this huge sign of Jimmer Fredette's head out of 4 huge quadrants. Jimmer is like a huge icon around here people go crazy over that guy. The funny thing to me is that he just proves that big things come from unlikely places. Let's be honest here, the guy just doesn't "look" like a basketball player. But that guy can play OUT of his mind. He makes comfortable shots 10-15 feet behind the 3 point line. Now that is rrrrrrrange.
We had a good view of the Hinckley building from our spot in line, except for that little old garbage truck that came across the picture haha. Oh well, it was just doing it's job.
So, background story on this one. In Robbie and I's Life Planning and Decision Making Class there is a cheerleader named Maria Allen, she's great. Well her and Robbie have been going back and forth as to whether or not Robbie would come to a game with a sign that says, "Maria Allen # 1 BYU Cheerleader". Robbie made her promise that if he did she would give him a shirt. Well low and behold Robbie shows up with the sign, Maria flipped out and couldn't stop smiling, and delivered a shirt to him right at halftime.
Like I said, I have never been this close to the front before. I loved our seats, even if I didn't have contacts in, with my terrible vision everything would have been clear!
The other team had a few athletes. Nothing compared to San Diego State but they could still throw down. Then again, our point guard Jackson Emery threw down in this game. The place just erupted.
Only thing I don't understand about Cosmo; Why does he perm his hair above his biceps? Why is it longer? Its like his razor got too dull to cut it all. He is such an amazing dancer I would love to interpret some of his skills.
Jimmer Fredette: All American, All Sportsman haha.
BYU's biggest basketball fans! Big Cecil Samuelson and Russell M. Nelson! They are best buds at the games. Cecil is my homeboy.
Suddenly Cosmo appeared in our row and everyone jumped on him and went wild. I was lucky to snap this picture with him.
Maria told us to come down to the floor after the game to say hi to her. She ended up keeping the sign of course, but it was awesome that she appreciated it so much. The Cheerleaders never get any love from the crowd, so they were all mouth open when they saw the sign and looking at Maria. Funny times.
I finally got a video of someone doing something cool! Usually whenever I am filming they get swatted or turnover the ball. This time, Jimmmer takes it to the rack.
You may be jealous that I am in AZ for the weekend... but I'M jealous you got goood seats for the game!!! I'm bummed I missed the game...
ReplyDeleteCute sign :)
ReplyDeleteJimmer for President!!! Nuff said. haha
ReplyDeleteYou know some people who know some people? I'm not just "some people"! I AM ROBBIE DORIUS! Get it in your head right now! I don't know if you're aware of this or not, but I am a big deal here on campus Carlos.
ReplyDeleteP.S. I love the post.
what time did you get to the game? i am still contemplating whether or not i will even try to go to any games from here on out..
ReplyDelete