Wednesday, February 2, 2011

King of Wardrobe Fail

Woke up yesterday, and walked outside to go to class. I was running a little behind so I didn't bother to check outside for the weather. Oops!

Turns out it was 8 degrees farenheit outside, it was very windy, and it was about to start snowing. I was wearing shorts which was a bad idea. Luckily it only snowed a little bit, but as I looked around campus at the tens of thousands of students around me, I counted a total of 2 people wearing shorts (myself included). I should have gone up and shook that other guy's hand, but oh well. He already knows that he is cool, I mean come on. He is wearing shorts.

It has been veerrrrryyy chilly around here lately.

I snapped a picture to document the occasion yesterday. Warning: it looks nice outside, but looks can be deceiving. It was cold enough to where it seemed like someone took a spray can of liquid nitrogen and released it all over your face, and then when you got inside your classroom building the heat made it seem like your face was about to break and shatter like something sprayed with liquid nitrogen. Or at least that's how I felt!


 This is my cheesy cold action pose. 
Just a really awesome picture I snapped. 

On a lighter note, I have a soccer game tonight! I can hardly wait after waiting a very long time since the last one! I have been DYING to play soccer. I always feel like that.

Today my Life Planning and Decision Making teacher, Dr. Nielsen (this cute old lady that reminds me of our old neighbor Mrs. Call only with a higher voice) asked us if anyone actually enjoyed the weather when it was in the single digits. Since nobody raised their hand I did and she goes, "Oooh Carson, why do you like it?" I went on this discourse on how I enjoyed the survivalist aspect of it, and that it was an adventure for me facing the elements. I think she really enjoyed that, even though everyone else just looked at me like I was some crazy that just came out of Siberia.

I have been doing homework and reading and studying non-stop for the past 3 days. Literally the last hour, as well as 30 minutes on Monday night is the only free time I have given myself to relax. I was in the law library from 11:30 to 3:12 today....but who was counting. I got so much done though. I also was told by my friend Justin to look into reading D&C 79, 80, 81, 99, 106, 108 because they are all about getting a mission call. I took the time to read them and I felt really good afterwards, it made me really excited to get my call as soon as I can!

I go to the temple every Wednesday morning with my friends. It has gotten to the point where we know who will be baptizing us because this doctor comes every Wednesday at the same time. He always greets me with, "Hello, Brother Teuscher, how are we doing this morning?" as I enter the font, which makes me feel really good. I would like to get to know him more, but we are always doing baptisms so its a little hard to engage in friendly conversation. These 3 old guys are always in the confirming room, and they always make me laugh. They remind me of the old night guards on "Night at the Museum" because they are always exchanging clever remarks. This one always somehow inserts an "N" into my last name and calls me "Brother Teuschner" when he is confirming me. I just smile and go along with it, because its not really worth bringing up. I love going to the temple and doing work for the dead because it gives me lots of purpose and something to look forward to every week.

Anyways, wish me luck tonight!

4 comments:

  1. Here's the thing... you ARE some crazy who just came out of Siberia!!! I really don't even know how you are still alive right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh Mr. Crazy!!! What a crazy thing to do! Your wardrobe is so crazy! It's so cold here, it's crazy. You would have to be crazy to wear shorts at this time of year. I bet it just drove you crazy walking to class. Everybody who saw you probably said to themselves, "That kid is crazy!" and their right. That was such a crazy thing to do. I know you like to be Mr. Adventure Man, but there is a fine line between adventure and crazy...and you crossed over onto the crazy side. I hope my commenting on you being crazy drove you absolutely CRAZY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The temple people are so cute lol. but yeah, your comment in class about loving the weather right now because your an adventure man made me question our friendship. i mean, that's CRAZY! lawl ditto all of robbie's comments.

    ReplyDelete