Friday, February 11, 2011

If you want to be happy, be.

I am having a FANTASTIC day so far. I woke up early, worked out, read my scriptures and wrote in my journal, did all my laundry, deep cleaned the kitchen and my room just for the heck of it, wrote my beautiful Mom a Valentine's day card, met Tiana at the post office, sent a letter, came back, and am currently eating some pistachios and writing this. Nothing is going to get me down.

On top of that, I finished 4 papers this week before the weekend, I only have one class today, the sun is shining, it is GLORIOUS outside, there is a gymnastics meet tonight so I can go support my friend KayCee from back home who is on the team. Today is looking up.

My sister's post today made me smile.  Trust me, I am not copying her post! I seriously was gonna write about being happy.

http://tianathedaisy.blogspot.com/2011/02/smile-its-friday.html

Plus, I love Simon Baker as much as anyone, and that witty "I know you are up to something Patrick Jane" smile he does is just the bezzzt. I love the mentalist.

Best thing I have bought in a long time:


Some random lady named Colette once said, "What a wonderful life I have had, I just wish I would have realized it sooner."

So my buddy Daniel "The Maniel" Pavlakos just came in and taught me about photosynthesis and cellular respiration for his biology class. As a pre-requisite for teaching me, I forced him to teach as I blasted
techno music and he had to bob up and down and dance, and sing to the beat. That just compounded the excellent day I am having.

I realized that the key to happiness is to be yourself. Don't let anyone bring you down, don't let anyone change you - who you are and what you like. If that means listening to that old Bing Crosby song that makes you happy, and your roommates are groaning and questioning your tastes and who "Bing Crosby" even is, so be it!






Like Kris Allen said, we've only got 86400 seconds in a day. Live like you are dying.


So pretty much, I've decided my eyeball kinda looks like honeycomb in this picture. So crazy.

Yesterday around noon I had the desire to go to the top of the JFSB where you can go onto this roof section overlooking campus and take a picture because it was glorious outside. So I got up to the 4th floor, and low and behold the doors to get outside are locked!? What?! I took a picture from inside. 

In the JFSB they have all these little "nooks" that people can just sit at and relax and study. I managed to find an empty one overlooking the inner courtyard which was amazing because the sunshine was pouring in on the right side of my face and I felt so good sitting there.


The courtyard of the JFSB is really pretty. They have an awesome fountain that people sometimes put dish soap in to be funny. The snow in the middle looked to me like a deflated marshmallow that was put in the microwave, pumped up to maximum extension, and just left to sit and deflate.

Oh and there is me in the reflection.

Have a great day, everyone. Really, you deserve it. 

1 comment: