Dude, sorry I am a day late. But seriously, happy 19th birthday! We have been through the works together. All manner of camp outs and hikes (like the one below to that cabin when it was raining for 2 solid hours and we were in the dark trying to pull all of our stuff on sleds), or snowcaving expeditions (my favorite) because we are professional snow cavers, super activities with boats, dune buggies, bikes, beaches, kodiaks (haha), craters that have turned into lakes, mosquito bites, scout camps, waterfall hikes, swimming in tick infested ponds, so on and so forth. I hope you are having a great time at BYU Idaho!
At the last BYU basketball game, lots of people were there to see. One guy walked in who is pretty famous with his son (best mohawk ever btw) and sat down courtside to see the Jimmer dominate once again. This guy:
Deron Williams of the Utah Jazz
I took a picture of the back of his head and called it good!
Also, randomly I saw and said hi to a member of my home ward, Doug Gillespie. He said he flew in for the game and it was incredible to see him here. Then, right before halftime, I look down behind the basket and there is good old Doug, standing there! How the heck did he even get down there....then the half time game that always happens is that a person dribbles and scores a layup at one end, then comes back and tries to hit a 3 to get a $25 gift card to the BYU bookstore. Doug Gillespie was the participant! How funny and random is that?!?! I kept telling everyone, "I know that guy!"...I think they all thought I was crazy.
And then a pillar of light exceeding the brightness of the sun descended...haha just kidding. It was sunset outside and the sun could only shine through one door on the concourse, so for these lucky people they looked like angels with rays of light over them.
L. Tom Perry, much taller in person! (Or at least on camera, spotted across the arena!)
Took these pictures walking to the RB on Saturday. The mountains in the background were great, and just overlooking the whole southeast side of campus and all the athletic buildings was great as I came over the hill.

man... after reading the first part of this post, i felt pretty privileged to know such an adventure man. pretty hard core.
ReplyDeletedude, i saw the dougster as well. I was really counting on his three point shooting ability so he could be the first winner i have witnessed in that contest. unfortunately, he could come through in the clutch.
ReplyDelete