Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Wondrous Fall Day

Despite the harsh winds and cold temperatures, today is, in my honest opinion, the quintessential autumn day in Provo, Utah.

I mean come on! Sunshine coming through the leafless trees, a small amount of precipitation on the ground as leaves of all shapes and sizes whip around your ankles and legs as the winds gust mini whirlwinds all around you. Your hands are crammed in your pockets so your fingertips don't get too cold, and whenever you go into a building for a class you instantly welcome that blast of warm heated air to restore feeling to your face. I love this weather, and although I know snow is right around the corner, I will enjoy this while I can.


Sorry I took some other pictures but they wouldn't upload! I'll try and get them on later, gotta run to geology! 

10 comments:

  1. You're right it's nice outside! Except it's soooo windy today. I was basically holding my hair down and closing my eyes while I was walking so leaves wouldn't get in my eyes. Still, I walked to school today without a jacket. It was pretty spectacular.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah it was so funny! I was standing at a crosswalk and this super huge wind came across the street and there were millions of leaves it hammering against everyone it looked like that scene from the wizard of oz!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, that sounds like a wonderous fall day. We've had some of those here just a few days ago. It's wonderful! I just love fall.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I KNEW IT WAS YOU EMILY HAHAHAHHAHAAHAH!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I ALWAYS KNEW THIS WAS YOUR BLOG CARSON!! hahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  6. You should just make a profile silly!

    ReplyDelete
  7. your words are penetrating, much like the wind on these cold autumn days.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That wouldn't be nearly as much fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Whatever you say dinosaur girl....haha. See you in American Heritage in 20 minutes!

    ReplyDelete