Anyways...
I was sitting in my room contemplating packing all my stuff away and my Dad walks in and just wryly grins and says, "I got you a surprise at the store yesterday..." I just wondered and then he pulled out this..
A Thai Sweet Young Coconut. Any if anyone remembers the earlier incident I had concerning coconuts, you will know that this was a shock. My taste buds erupted when I remembered the bitter taste of the other rotten one, but my Dad assured me this one was fresh. Tripper, Brigitta and I decided that we would devour the coconut as a final chapter in the chronicles of the coconut's and Carson.
Slicing into the inner sanctum. This coconut was Thai, so it had an odd shape. Like there was a malleable outer lining and a hard inner core with juice and weird consistency meat on the inside, almost like lard or fat.
Newsflash: The milk of a ripe coconut is actually good. It DOESN'T taste bitter and horrific.
Gitta was going all Castaway on us and went straight for it!
It was difficult to cut into the core.
Anyways, the tale of the coconut was brought to a close due to my fathers nice thought to get me a ripe one. Thanks Dad, you are truly the best!
It is kind of tradition that I help my Dad put up the Christmas lights every year right after Thanksgiving for my family. Our trademark are these little lit up orbs that one of my friends used to call elf houses. I usually hang those and help my Dad hang the snow lights on the gutters. This year was no exception! I really enjoy helping my Dad out every year. Its one of my good memories I have.
Here's the orbs!
Our backyard looked great! My Dad was working hard keeping the tons of leaves off the grass all autumn thus far. He's an exceptionally hard worker. Raking leaves in our yard is no easy task. Let me (or probably him) tell ya!
I'm really going to miss my pets. They each have their own personality and that is special about each of them.
Haha those are probably the best pictures I managed to get all weekend of them. Cappy is the excited dog that if he could speak would just constantly say "can I go on a walk? Can I go on a walk?" haha. Victory is the cute one who makes funny faces and actually likes you to hold him and snuggle. Except I didn't know he was chilling in my bed and I layed down on him and he yelped and scampered off. I'm sure he forgave me though. Leo is the lone spirit. Whenever I talk to Tripper's Mom she says, "That dark cat you have always has something in its mouth running down the hill." He is a hunter at heart and kills lots of things, but is a big furball in his own right who loves to sleep and relax. So there you have it.
Some things I am going to miss for 20 day's until I come back? Well my buddy Tripper for one!
I like your tie dude.
My family and house and playing basketball under the Christmas lights.
The Columbia River and the Vancouver sky
I am biased but I will always prefer the Portland Airport over any other airport in the entire world. I have been in that tower!
Pancake breakfasts at Justin's house. He makes some bomb blueberry pancakes with chocolate chips if we ask for them. It was great seeing your Marm's man.
I'm not going to miss this but I just thought this was funny. In our bonus room my mom hung up a bunch of school work from when we were little and this was one of mine. I have no recollection writing this!
Let's see.....January 1999 I was six years old?
I'll miss my little sister Gemma!
And my other big little sister Gitta!
.jpg)
Did you get that story off of the discovery channel?? Haha
ReplyDeleteKyle and I bought a coconut one day...we thought the milk was NASTY. Haha lovin the pictures of the cats! I'll steal Dora again soon! :)
ReplyDeletei made your blog! i am honored my friend, honored. i feel i am unworthy of such placement on said blog. you humble me.
ReplyDeleteholy cow... Washington is so pretty!! or at least your backyard is!!
ReplyDeleteI'm stealing your dog someday. I just think it's the cutest thing ever!!
ReplyDelete