Sunday, November 21, 2010

Saturday the 20th of November

I had a pretty busy Saturday once again, its basically a given here at BYU that you are bound to have a busy Saturday and weekend in general if you really try to. I woke up around 8:30 and hung out for a bit, made some breakfast, and then I got invited to see my friend Karen fill in for a volleyball team and crush the competition! Great job Karen, you are much, much better at volleyball then I can ever hope to be. After that my buddy Karlee and I went to a flute concert because I had to attend my 6th concert before Monday for my music 101 class. Honestly, I expected a simple, down to earth flute concert. But the third piece was the weirdest, most odd piece I believe I had ever heard. When the program says that it is played with an electric flute, electric cello, and electric piano, and is based on whale sounds throughout infinity, and all three players have to wear Zorro masks throughout the entire thing, you know you are in for something....er....original.



I was scared through parts of it though, it really gets the blood going...those whale sounds....

Anyways, after that was the last home football game of the year. We destroyed New Mexico, but it was weird to think that it is the last time I will be in that stadium for almost 3 years until after my mission. I had a blast despite the biting coooooold.

Luckily Karen sits close by and had a blanket to share with Dallin and Brenton :)
 Is this thing on? This is us walking to the Football game.
 The sky was amazing thoroughout the entire game. I love sky pictures, so I took quite a few. I loved this one with the American flag waving in the wind.
Hey dude. 
I love me some Mike and Ikes during a football game. Christmas edition!





Karen busted out the blanket and Dallin quickly assumed babushka position on the left. 

 Can you see me??
 This was the thing that quite honestly made my night. Brenton got Karen (who is 6'2'') on his shoulders and from the front it looked normal, but from the back it looked like a huge giant was roaming the streets! After the game we were walking among a mass crowd of people and everyone was laughing and I could hardly contain myself either!



 Had to protect my nose from falling off, silly billy!
So after the game I was invited to fill in for a guy who couldn't make it on a double date with my friend Kaylie, and they wanted to go roller skating. At first I was like maaaaaaaan, I've already tried roller skating at my little sisters 8th birthday party at oaks park and everyone is always better than you at it and can break dance and slide on one skate with another person tandem with them and it makes you feel like you can't even turn right, but after awhile I just let go and had some fun. I must say, those few seconds when you are struggling with balance and your arms are flailing like an air traffic controller on an aircraft carrier are the scariest pumps of adrenaline you can imagine! But overall the music was great, and I had a blast. And when we came out, it was snowing/hailing! Hope everyone had a great Saturday as well!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you had a very busy, crazy but fun weekend! Have a good Sunday.

    ReplyDelete