First, I got a little baby video camera for Christmas that I love having to capture special moments. Thanks Mom and Dad! That will be great to have on my mission. Anyways, I used it a little over break and a little last night. Here are the results. Also, I think it is awesome because the software it comes with makes it easy to make your own little videos. I'm not an elite producer like my roomate Hunter Stewart or anything, but I make do :)
This was last night. This fly has been living in our room for weeks now. He hides out behind my blinds at night, and I just got fed up with it. Sorry for the needless destruction of innocent life, but they only live like a day anyways, right?
Alright, next off, the weather here is about almost always hovering around 20 degrees farenheit. I know, I know, "That is so cold, Carson!" Yeah, it is! But you see, I have this philosophy on life that if the sun is out, how cold can it be? So here's what I do. I wear shorts to school today. I always wear shorts. Alright, flashback.
Imagine a much smaller me with a bowl-cut or a combover, I can't remember which, the first day of kindergarten. As I am going throughout my young school life, I realize one thing. I hate pants. I think this happened mostly in 1st grade, but I absolutely did not like them. The only pants I could bear were sweats that sound like people are shaking a tube of beans whenever you walk. Because they were so comfortable! But alas, I didn't wear a pair of jeans until like 2nd or 3rd grade. Internally, maybe it was just easier for me to play soccer or kickball at recess in shorts or sweats. Smart, right?
Flash forward to high school at Mountain View High School at Vancouver, Washington. Where it rains all the time! My calling card was that I would wear shorts all the time! In the Winter, I wore shorts because I got tired of always wearing jeans when it rained. I didn't care what the temperature was, because I would just overcompensate by wearing a big ski jacket or something. See, still logical. And hey, maybe I played so much soccer that I was kicked so many times in the legs some of the nerve endings died, but my legs don't really care what temperature it is outside. Unless there is a cold wind. But that is another theory.
Anyways, shorts are my favorite. I love soccer shorts, because they are so comfortable and do not inhibit any movement. Jeans always ride up and feel so tight when you are sitting down. But I wore shorts today because it was B.E.A-UTIFUL outside and I wanted to. And I got about 10 comments about how dumb I was for doing that. "WHY AREN'T YOU WEARING PANTS!" I just shrug. Because explaining that I can just overcompensate by wearing more layers in places that actually lose body heat or explaining that the nerve endings that respond to temperature were seared off in 11 years of playing soccer is too much. For me and for them.
Sorry that was the rant of the day/fact of the day that I didn't wear jeans until like 3rd grade.
Okay, I got an email from my uncle telling me to see how awesome this LED cube is...seriously, I want that.
Also, while we are on the subject of cubes, there are these magnet ball things right? Long story short, they are the most addicting thing ever and they apparently came in a big cube. Well my new roommate Jacob and I spent the better half of an hour trying to wrestle these little powerful magnets back into a cube, and after much trial and error, alas;
They stick to the screws on the underside of the table, so they stick up like Alfalfa's hair.
Those magnetic ball things are soo fun! And I still vote for figuring out how to get our hands on one of the LED cubes haha.
ReplyDelete"he won't even care..." yeah, I'm pretty sure the fly would care that he got MUEDERED!!! haha also my apologies for commenting on your shorts... it's just so WEIRD that your not freezing. but I'm all with ya on the pants deal. I loathe wearing pants... especially jeans. They're so constricting!!
ReplyDeleteBUCKY BALLS!!! hahaha that's what the metal things are called :) Our FHE brother Kent has them and we stole one. Just one. So that he can't make it into a ball :)
ReplyDelete