Let me just start by saying I love the quotes that BYU decided to stick on every page of our planners this year;
"Of course there is no going back, but only forward. Rather than dwelling on the past, we should make the most of today, of the here and now, doing all we can to provide pleasant memories for the future." - Thomas Monson
That is a great quote. I need to look forward to the future and try and work on my goals that I have set for myself. I also need to go running more. I have decided that the one thing I miss from high school beside a good teacher here and there is the soccer season. I miss having a place to go everyday to make myself better and just do something that I can destress, do something that I love. I also need to juggle the soccer ball more because I am afraid I am going rusty! So there are a few short term goals related to fitness.
Next, I wanted Provo, Utah to know that I am grateful for the two days straight of 40+ degree Fahrenheit weather. This enabled most of the dirty old crusty snow to melt and for me to see grass again. I love how the skies are blue some of the time now, and how the sun can actually get to me now!
I have been into this electronic type of instrumental music. It is really relaxing for me and I just enjoy listening to the tunes and beats that people can make. A good example would be the band Little People or Bonobo. Here is another great song that I found yesterday that I love listening to when I am walking around. I love the oriental influences, and it makes me think I am flying in a helicopter over Southeastern Vietnam or Asia and looking at the rice paddies underneath as I soar by.
I also really liked this song, called Kiara by Bonobo; the actual song doesn't start until like 1:19 because they included the prelude. These kinds of songs really make me want to get into creating electronic music on my computer, something I plan on pursuing when I am older and can afford it :)
I am grateful to have a sister here on campus, like I have shared before. She graciously invited me over for dinner tonight after astronomy :) I will bring the creamery grated Parmesan cheese like you asked, sis! I also went off the deep end and purchased.............100 otter pops. Spur of the moment decision, but I love otter pops. Don't worry, I got some bananas and nutri-grain bars to even out the health issue haha.
I was doing some research and discovered a few things. Yes, sometimes I stumble onto random news articles that I can't resist reading. I learned that the smell everyone enjoys after a fresh rain is caused both by bacteria that embeds itself and releases chemicals in damp soil and grass, as well as a little bit of the acid pollution in the rain. (Do you all know what I am talking about? That distinct smell where you know it has either just rained, or is going to?) I also learned that Pakistan has like 4 out of 10 of the most beautiful places on Earth, and really made me want to visit there. Once you get past the whole terrorism and war part, the views and scenery of the mountains there are absolutely stunning.
Yeah, can I just remind you that this is PAKISTAN?! Who would have ever thought. Not I...
I found a bagel that I forgot I had stowed away somewhere in a plastic wrapper last night. It was not a pretty sight after a month of forgetting about it. Long story short, when I pulled it out I thought it was a blueberry bagel. It just looked that way because of the layer of blue around the entire thing. It started off as a raisin bagel. Another long story short, it was so hard I hit it against a brick wall 40 times and nothing at all happened to it.
Oh yeah, our new roommate Jacob Chapman is awesome. He is a joy to have around and always is down for having some fun or teaching us the deacon 2 step or the tango or mamba or hustle or whatever he wants. He even came to the temple with us at 5:20 AM yesterday spur of the moment. What a stud! So props to Jacob.
Anyways, I have some readings I need to do for another class coming up at noon! Sorry for the random post. Hope you enjoyed my random rantings and ravings. Here is a picture to leave you with;
Oh yeah.




No comments:
Post a Comment