Friday, January 21, 2011
A Picture For Every Thousand Words
Friends can come from anything, of from anywhere, sometimes out of the blue. I left astronomy yesterday expecting a boring walk over to the Riviera to hang out with my sister and I stopped for a second outside the JFSB to take a picture of the glorious mountains with the sun coloring them in the most perfect way. I stopped and pulled out my cell phone, and snapped a picture of it to save, and I guess the guy walking behind me stopped and just looked up at the mountains and pulls out his cell phone and takes a picture too. So I look at him and smile and say, "It's pretty, huh?" and he goes, "Yeah, it's a beautiful color." I noticed an accent and so we started walking together and I asked if he liked living here in Utah and where he was from. It turns out his name is Alejandro and he is from Colombia and is 23, and this is his 3rd year here at BYU. I asked what he liked most about Utah and he said the temperatures, and I jokingly said, "you like the cold?!" (I do too :) He told me for sure and we talked about the humidity in Colombia and how it is always 100% humidity, and the second you get out of the shower you are already sweating again. He was a genuinely cool dude, and when I told him my name was Carson he laughed and said he had never heard that name before. I asked him if he liked soccer, (Of COURSE) and we talked about the world cup and about his life in Colombia and how he was shocked I was only 18 and stuff like that, and eventually we got to the Tanner building and he said he had to go in and I had to keep going. I didn't really want the conversation to end because he was such a cool dude, but It was sweet just striking up a conversation all based on one picture of the sunset. You never know who you will meet, I urge everyone to get out of your comfort zone and just talk to someone.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment