Monday, January 31, 2011

There Starts A New Week

I've been pretty homesick the last few days, for no reasons in particular. Maybe a combination of talking to my little sisters a lot on the phone and hearing what they are up to, as well as talking to my Mom on the phone and just wishing everyday that she can get better and can come down and visit me (and then after that we can travel the world :) But homesickness is hard to deal with because there isn't really anything you can do about it when you live 12 hours away. It's okay, I will just have to push past it and be happy each and every day. I did get an AWESOME package from my Mom including 12 boxes of my favorite cereal, a book on Christ, and a new Tie that I love to death. Thanks Mom, you really are the BEST.

This week is going to be tough for me. I have my first mid-term in Book of Mormon which could go any way because my teacher is still trying to figure himself out (he is new) and so we never really know what to expect. I need to take my constellation quiz this week in astronomy, I need to do like 40 pages of Hobbes reading for Political Science, I need to pick a topic for Writing 150, so on and so forth! I will be spending lots of time in the library this week getting stuff done.

Today I was walking on campus and BYU Student Association was handing out these awesome notebooks for free called, "More than just a free notebook". It has lined, grid, and plain paper inside it and a bunch of cool quotes. I really like it, and they let me take 3 to give to friends.

This weekend was awesome. Saturday I got to go watch my friend KayCee Gassaway at the Gymnastics meet. That was interesting because of all the amazing things they can do. I was astounded how intense Gymnastics can get when the scores are close. Then I went and watched my friend Justin Green's intermural Basketball game - he is a baller and led his team to victory. He pulled out the skills for this one, taking it in and bombing it from deep. He has it all. :) Anyways, after that we watched BYU basketball lost. That was not good. Then we played FIFA and then went to the BYU Mens Volleyball game. Saturday was jam packed with sports! So it was a great day. Yesterday was awesome too. Church was really good, and I really liked all the talks given. I especially liked a talk given by a convert to the church who is so gung-ho about everything it is unreal. His name is Austin Van Camp and my sister met him on her hike to the Y this weekend too! Small world. But I talked to him, and he recently got his call to Frankfurt, Germany. That would be such a hard mission but I would love it there.

Who knows where I will be called!







Exciting!

Here is a montage of people that I have been missing lately!





3 comments:

  1. I think it's miss you family week. It seems like everyone is celebrating it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahaha that pic of Gitta is just too much! It brings so much happiness and joy to my heart!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so evil! I look so intense haha! I miss you too but now that i actually enjoy texting we can chat all the time. :) -Gitta

    ReplyDelete