Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Almost.

This weekend was great. A lot of great memories were made, but there were a lot of "almost" memories made too.

Like how we "almost" crafted the most brilliant, ingenious, perfect kitchen blanket fort of all time.

Almost.

Boy the night was going great. We had just finished doing our dished and cleaned up the kitchen, when a wave of hyperactivity came over the apartment and we just fueled it. We were originally going to just take some crazy pictures, but then our minds locked on the idea that yes, we CAN build an amazing fort right here in our kitchen.


So here is the photo documentation of what went down on Sunday evening. 

Hunter and I went throughout the Halls and raided all the bed covers out of the cupboards outside in the lobbies. Nobody EVER uses these things because they all already have one so we thought they would make great padding for a great blanket fort. 



We started gathering mattresses from all of our rooms until we had all 6. We planned to utilize them in a way so that we could create a maze of rooms to crawl through, much like the play place at McDonalds. It was going great. Jacob was full of brilliantly lavish ideas as usual, so we attempted to listen.


This was the battleroom, where we had the white board for planning the design of the fort. As you can see the living room and the opening left for access to the fridge, a definite necessity in this fort.


Fort building. Serious business.


The design slowly got more and more out of hand. Our nostalgia and hyperactivity began taking over as we soon moved to the building process. 


Hunter, being the expert photographer he is, decided he could set up his camera in a manner to create a timelapse of the event as it happened. Then we could see in fast motion all the events that took place. 


We're similar in a lot of ways :)


I, of course, was the first fatality of the night. We took apart two of our beds so we had the supports and the long part that we slept on so we could use it for something. Brenton and Hunter were lifting one and it smashed right into the side of my ribcage, and it was unfortunately sharp. There is a nasty wound there right now, but to preserve my decency I have decided to keep the graphic images off this blog. 

Things were great, we were happy as ever. Never before had all 6 roommates hung out with a common goal in mind. That is actually true, we had never really done anything like this, so it was quite amazing. 

Here are some of the materials. We had planned to use the bed to make a 2nd story loft. Someone could hang out below in a nest and someone could hang out above. What an insane idea!!!

The doors here come off really easily. This had to be done for easier access :)


Then the worst possible thing happened. Our window was open a crack and the head housing administrator was walking past, (her name is Jackie). She came in and goes, "heyyyyyy guyyyysss....what'cha doin?" We were like.....uhhhhhhhhhhhh. ohhhhhhhhhhhhh.....this? Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.....................

Apparently it isn't in the housing contracts to;
a.) Move the mattresses
b.) Move the beds
c.) Move the bed covers from the lobby
d.) Have a mini fridge? Whaaaa? Who would have ever thought.


Despair. 
Our night was RUINED.

At least we got a group photo?



I was even crying. 



Onto lighter news....It has been the most beautiful days the past few days. It was even nice when I woke up this morning. But I was laying on my bed and suddenly I look out the window to a full on blizzard. FULL ON!



There was chaos and lines waiting to get tickets for the big BYU basketball game today. It was crazy, like thousands of kids were waiting outside the marriott center. Luckily me and a few friends were able to come a little later when the line had died down to get a wristband.

I was bored in the library last night after I couldn't study. I drew a picture of a little boy whose jetpack finally started working. His brother watches from the rooftop.


7 comments:

  1. Wow! Jackie would pop up at the most inopportune moment! She always did that last year. She was our head RA too. We had a silly string war in one of the lobbies. Actually my roommates and I attacked someone's apartment. Guess who was up all night scrubbing the carpets? Hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! The worst part was I have only seen her once the entire year, and that was when she came to one of our cleaning checks! :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't like this post. It made me all excited to build the fort again. And again. Jackie ruined everything. I think we should steal her doors.

    Just saying.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm just kidding. I loved this post.

    But I still didn't love that it didn't happen.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You don't know how happy this post made me. That is the greatest thing ever! It's sad that it didn't get fully fufilled, but it was still a fun effort and adventure, right? :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. very entertaining! love the faces...

    p.s. that's sad that you can't have mini fridges...

    ReplyDelete
  7. this post is legendary. epic photography.

    ReplyDelete