Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Oooooouuuuuuuuuuuccccccchhhhhh!

So basically, I've decided that my Dad always inadvertently knows how to cheer me up. Whether it be by sending my a ridiculously long text message with zero punctuation that goes something like this, "Hey buddy hows the weather down there in provo your finals go okay we just got a christmas tree its a tall noble looks great hope your doing well how about them blazers", or in a conversational exchange we had yesterday. I am walking out of the JSB auditorium and see my less then desirable score on the American Heritage final and I had a text from my Dad that said, how's finals? I responded, "well i just got dominated with a 71% on American Heritage" thinking I would get some reassurance but the next text I got just said, "Ouuuuucccccccchhhhhhhhhh!!!!" Haha normally that would have offended me, because I studied long and hard for that! But I just smiled and laughed and said, "Yep, it was a tough one." He then replies with, "Hopefully they grade on a pretty steep curve when I went there that class was like cake I walked out with an easy A". That made me laugh too, I just responded with "Well times have changed since the olden days, Dad!" Ah it was great. Just getting that text, "Ouuuuuucccchhhh!" from my Dad was so unexpected, but it really made me realize that yes, I underperformed on a test, but what can I do about it now except study twice as hard for my next one!

Also, remember how I said yesterday about how I was grateful there was no snow and that it was 50 degrees out and sunny? Well I woke up this morning to this; Apparently I forgot to knock on wood!



We had a wonderful Christmas feast last Sunday at Robbie's house, where everyone made something. Brenton baked this massive pork shoulder and we had tons of ham, I of course made the green bean casserole. I can't wait to learn how to make Christmas fettucini that our family has every Christmas eve. That will be splendid. Also, I can't believe that Christmas is next week. For real!!!







It was Dallin's birthday too. We had fun getting him random knick-nacks. We went to Texas Roadhouse last night and feasted and Dallin got to ride the saddle since it was his birthday. I drank six glasses of water because I was so thirsty and everytime the waitress came back she gave me a new glass since she just knew. I wanted to get her to say "you a thiwsty boi!" like that waitress in Florida did in 10th grade, but she wouldn't do it because she said she would "ruin the accent and the memory!" She was a very funny lady.

6 comments:

  1. I love the snow :) And your dad sounds like one funny guy! Love it. But that American Heritage test was no fun at all. I'm sorry. I did bad too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All you needed was one of my pies!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, she didn't say it? Oh well, maybe next time ;) Glad you took your dad's text positively and he could cheer you up with it! Have fun in the snow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. And I thought only grandmas made green bean casserole.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous. Maybe only your grandma has made it for you. When in doubt, eat the cheese. The banana equals three.

    ReplyDelete