Tuesday, December 21, 2010

The Break Has Begun

Man, what a relief to finally be home. After my first semester at college, it is great to be here in rainy Vancouver, Washington enjoying the peace and serenity of the Christmas break. I guess I will start from the beginning!

Well my flight was scheduled to leave at 8:40 AM Saturday morning, but unfortunately there were delays so we couldn't leave until 9:30'ish. Oh well that was fine! I made it home at 10:30 since I gain an hour back and it  was great to see my family again even though it has only been three weeks. Saturday was spent shopping (well actually, it was spent following Gitta all over Clackamas Shopping Center as she shopped for everyone and the rest of us wanting to go other places!) I did manage to find a new dark navy blue suit which I got tailored today. It will be nice having more than one suit, especially in preparation for the mission and what not. Anyhow....

The one thing that I notice is that when you come home for break, and yes my sister has agreed with me, you sleep. A lot. The one question that I am continually asking myself is "Why am I so tired?!" I am not even exercising near as much as I would like to and I am just tired. I took a long nap Saturday, collapsed and slept like a little baby Sunday night, and even tonight I was watching an TV show with Gemma and conked out on the couch for an hour or two. My mom says it is from all the pent up stress and what not of finals and college. I guess I agree with her, I wish I wasn't so boring though, sleeping all up and around the house. I feel like one of my cats...haha.

OH! I almost forgot. We built a gigunta 10' snow man right outside our dorm on the Thursday of finals. It was sssuper sweet until we woke up the next day and it was smashed in half and people were trying to fit the bottom part in a wheelchair to make it look like he had an accident. I think someone I know ended up naming him Jumbo Jack? That's a silly name :P




Oh and as the day wore on he continued to get more and more awesome and shaped. When I woke up from a nap he was way more cool! With child!








Back to the original story! Sunday was cool because I got to go home to the old home ward and see everyone again. It seems like Cascade Park Ward is as good as I left it, and I even got to say the closing prayer in Sacrament meeting, which I have never had the opportunity of doing.




 Sunday night we were just hanging out and Tripper came over. I made some sugar cookies in a muffin tin and since Tripper is addicted to whipped cream he puts tons on everything. I was even making eggs for him and he walks by and sprays some in the eggs. I just stopped and stare at him and go, "kiddin' me?" and we just bust out laughing. Good times.






Monday morning was awesome. My Dad helped me set it up with my Oral Surgeon who pulled my wisdom teeth Dr. Rehrer to watch Brenton, my cousins wisdom teeth surgery. Oral Surgery is potentially something I would be interested in going into, even though it is 8 years after Undergrad, the end product is something that I think would be cool in a career - autonomy and control of your own life. Anyways, I found the surgery to be really awesome, I got to see him give Brenton shots everywhere, cut open his gums and break up his teeth and extract them. Two of them came out relatively easily but the third he had to shatter with this drill bit thingy. Very interesting stuff. I won't put up pictures for you guys, but you have got to see how Brenton reacted to the drugs after the surgery was over. No doubt you have seen "David after Dentist" on youtube or other people funny on the nitrous, and he was much the same. I about cried laughing. He was being very naughty and kept trying to stand up. Anyways, here is the videos I captured of Brenton Clive.



After this video you hear the lady ask us if we want a picture. Well this pretty much sums it up!







Note he is not normally like this! Except in his sleep! Haha. If anyone wants me to translate any part of it for you, let me know.

Haha, so that was a lot of fun. Later on in the day I drew for a little bit. Just random sketches and what not.


I love being back home because it means I get to use my drafting table on my old desk to draw. I love having this because it is nice to draw at an angle sometimes.


Then Brigitta came in and started messing with my camera...


But that's okay. Gitta is Gitta! Haha. Hope everyone is having a wonderful holiday and the joy of Christmas is with them. OH! I saw one of my favorite car's yesterday too. Luckily I had my camera and we were at a light. Bentley's are hard to come by!



7 comments:

  1. You are having so much fun at home! That's awesome. I'm glad you are sleeping a lot. When I came home for Christmas last year I seriously think i slept 10+ hours a night and took a nap everyday. It's awesome though. School really wears you out and you don't realize how tired you are. Tripper is a maniac. Remember the whipped cream on top ramen? Good times. Also, I like your snowman. It is snowing non-stop here and I really want to build one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahaha... That was unreal!! Seriously, me and my little brother were laughing SO hard!! These are amazing. Props to getting this on video!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whipped cream in the eggs?! Really Trip? Ahhh!! Oh well, that's love of whipped cream for ya. That's great you're having so much fun at home. Have a fabulous break!

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Seriously...you are my best friend ever." Hahaha! I was laughing SO hard! These videos are seriously the funniest things ever! I wonder if that's how I acted when I was on that medicine. I'm curious now... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. haha I love the picture with the random little Alien with the big hands!! haha super funny. And once again, the videos of Brenton are hilarious. What a comedian!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Its not my fault I'm a better shopper than you. You could have gotten some stuff too! My favorite part is when Brenton goes, " I'm sorry, I have a bold personality." When the nurse was trying to keep him down." -Gitta

    ReplyDelete
  7. So I had already seen the videos on Facebook, but when I saw that picture of y'all I laughed even harder. I love how you said "Note he is not normally like this! Except in his sleep!" Ahaha in his sleep... good times...

    ReplyDelete