Monday, March 7, 2011
Here Comes The Sun
Today has been awesome! I got part 1 of my missionary physical completed at the BYU medical center, which means they did a Tuburculosis test, stole my blood, and inserted all manner of precarious sharp instruments under my skin! It was kinda odd, when I was sitting next to the immunization lady she felt obligated to show me a candid camera youtube video that her sister had sent her on her email. It was pretty funny, I guess. It was these people wheeling a coffin into an elevator when someone else was in there and the old man pretending to be dead falls out and the people in there scream. I mean it was funny, but not as funny as she was laughing! I got my shot, and luckily the immunizations lady only wrote down like 15 more shots that I need in the next 6 months haha. AWESHOME!!!! (Side note; hearing little babies get shots is physically painful. The poor things don't even know what is happening to them and as I was sitting in the waiting room I hear a shrill shriek - I know its neccessary and I went through the same thing, but it just made me think that being a baby shot giver is not my occupation)
On the walk back it was basically pouring down rain, which made me feel right at home. It was a homage to Vancouver, Washington, the land from which I hail. This car pulled up to the sidewalk as I was walking and 4 old ladies (I'm guessing 85+) asked me where the Museum of Art was. I obliged, and told them where, and said I hope they all enjoyed the Carl Bloch exhibit. I really like old people, they are so funny. This is a weird blog post, I have addressed both babies and old folks. What an assortment of demographics I have seen today!!
Well, its Monday anywho...Brigitta, Gemma, Mom, Dad if you are reading this I hope you are having a fantastic day. Brigitta call me sometime! Gemma, you too! Or just take Dad's phone and text me on it Gemma, the last time you did that I about died laughing, I even saved the text; "Hey Carson its gemma what do you like i like cheese pie so im gonna send now". <-- Best. Text. Ever.
Ummm...anything else to write about today? I don't think so! I had a great weekend filled with Gymnastics at University of Utah, Ice Skating, a soccer game, watching the BYU basketball game, and a great fireside from L. Tom Perry! It was glorious weather on Saturday during our soccer game! I even saw this...random!
I've been singing this song in my head all day;
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I feel like the song stuck in your head should go along with your day...clearly you need to pick a new song because I see zero sun today. :)
ReplyDeleteRaindrops keep falling on my head - BJ Thomas
ReplyDeleteWashington: "the motherland!! Or is it the fatherland?" That is the question.
ReplyDeleteHey Carson, it's Aunt Megan. Love your blog! Marc and I are so excited about your mission call coming soon... glad things are moving forward. And, yes, it is awful to have to watch and listen to babies getting shots! I can't wait for you to meet our little Benjamin. As soon as he started walking, he started kicking a ball. You'll have to teach him all of your soccer tricks! :)
ReplyDeleteYou failed to attend said gym on this day, yet made up for it today, said Tuesday.
ReplyDelete"Here comes the sun" is also a song that you played when you were with your friends in the library!
LOL. now i see how much you like the song.
ReplyDelete