Thursday, March 31, 2011

My Mission Call

I am hereby called to serve in the Brazil Ribeirao Preto mission. It is anticipated that I will serve for a period of 24 months. I will report to the Brazil Missionary Training Center on Wednesday, August 17th, 2011. I Will prepare to preach the gospel in the Portuguese language. My assignment may be modified to the needs of the mission president. 


Wow. Brazil?! I can't believe it. Honestly, I knew that everyone I know from Washington has been called there so far this year, but I never saw myself going there. The more I think about it and read up on this little place near Sao Paolo (I don't know how to do the cool accent marks yet - Portuguese is not something I have an inkling about) the more I feel like this is perfect for me. According to Wikipedia, its the California of Brazil. I'll let you guys read up on it yourselves. 

But I had my call in my backpack all day, just pondering where I was going. This made it impossible for me to focus on things like schoolwork, but thats just a little side effect. I am so excited that I have my mission call. I am so excited to serve the lord. I took my mission call with my sister up to the Provo Temple and opened it up there, and it was perfect. The people who guessed correctly were my Nana, and Gemma. I can't remember if anyone else guessed Brazil.

This is when my call came...

Took it up to the temple around 7:30 PM my time. 

 You don't get a letter signed by good old Tom Monson every day. 


The Perfect Backdrop to a perfect day. 


Rebeirao Preto, Brazil


My mission president and his wife.
\

Overall, I am extremely excited. Unfortunately, schoolwork beckons!! AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHhh.

4 comments:

  1. So excited for you! You will love learning Portuguese and the weather will be beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Again, SO excited for you! It's definitely going to be amazing if it's really the California of Brazil haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. AH! That's so exciting! You are gonna have the best time EVER over there! My cousin went to Rio de janeiro and loved it! That's probably not very similar to Rebeirao Preto...but still! Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You will have the best two years of your life! Congratulations! Have fun learning Portuguese and preparing to serve the Lord :)

    ReplyDelete