Remember this? A few days ago?
Aah, it's Utah. What can I expect?
I had a really great day yesterday! Conference is always as exciting as ever, and it is even better when your friend Justin invites you over to get some AMAZING banana pancakes. Honestly, they were so good I probably had about eight good sized pancakes. Justin, you are the man. We watched the first session of conference. Ian, Justin's friend from Brazil kept dozing off/trying to put his feet up on Justin. I for one thought it was funny. After the session we went over to Noodles and I got some Wisconsin Macaroni and Cheese with Meatballs and a Ciabatta roll. I was so stuffed. Then I went with my sister to TJ Max and got a new pair of Jeans for $70 off and a new tie that is pink. We came back to Justin's for the second session as well and some old friends came over. Blaine Garner from back home and his wife Jessica popped in, along with good old cousin Travis. Good old Travis. Haha. We had some laughs and some funny moments, including us all trying to get Justin to drink a tiny amount of fish tank water. He said if we got up to $4.50 he would have done it, but Travis was being too much of a cheapskate and wouldn't cough up any money. He said he would give only give a dollar if Justin drank 2 cups...which wasn't going to happen. After conference I went to the priesthood session in Salt Lake with Brenton, Collin, and Wade. I had a blast going. Hearing from Uchtdorf, Eyring, Anderson, and the Prophet was so great. Lots of their talks really spoke to me. Later last night I went over to Tiana's, we got some blizzards, and I collapsed and fell asleep on her couch with a pillow over my face while they watched the Mary Tyler Moore show. Random, I know.
This is my friend Justin. He is the bezt.
I am sooo excited for this summer. I have never before been as excited for a Summer to start than this one. There are so many things that I am looking forward to.
SUMMER ASPIRATIONS/TRADITIONS
By: Carson Teuscher
- Being around my family and enjoying their company
- Spending time with my friends - Tripper, Justin, Braydon, Travis, Jeff Garbarinho, everyone!
- Learning Portuguese with Justin, he said he'll teach me everything he knows
- Reading the Scriptures and praying in Portuguese
- Going to my home ward and seeing everyone
- Early morning soccer games and pancrack breakfasts
- Playing soccer at Nautilus until the sun goes down
- Shooting hoops in my front yard
- Having so many pets to play with
- Going to Multinomah falls
- The fair
- Going to the beach!!! I miss the Oregon coast so much. Its been oh so long.
- Playing Pool at Tripper's house, and catching up on old times
- Going to a Seattle Sounder's/Mariners game
- Otter pops on hot days
- 7/11 Slurpies with the metal straws
- Bike rides in the sun
- Maybe seeing the Portland Timbers live!!
- The garage sales on our street
- Learning more about Brasil
- CYCLONE WATER SLIDE!! Gemma and Chloe, you better watch out..
- Badminton - a summer staple around the Teuscher home
- Lack of mosquitoes? Did Vancouver pony up enough money to actually spray Government Island this year?? I am praying so.
- Taking a temple prep class/getting my Endowments taken out
- TRIP GETTING HIS MISSION CALL <-- SAY WHAT???!?
- Seeing my Nana (Please come and stay with us!)
- Building an awesome treehouse for our backyard.
- Swimming
- Working in the yard and spitting out sunflower seeds
- Cleaning the skylights
- Powerwashing (These are all fun summer jobs for me)
- Being able to drive again!
- No homework or papers to write! Booya!
- Playing my Dad and Gitta in H-O-R-S-E
- Hearing Gemma tell me about her latest video game endeavors
- Watching movies on our projector
- Falling asleep on the couch on Sunday afternoons
- Making lots and lots of food with my new cooking skills!
- Hearing Cappy's collar jingle whenever you call him and he come's running
- Eating fruit outside on our back porch
- Green grass and water balloons
- Trip and I pulling pranks on Brigitta like scaring her with an accordion when she comes out of her room
- Fushigi <-- haha just kidding
- Going camping with my Dad and the young men
- Seeing the Hartups and having little parties with them
- Drawing on my desk
- Having my own room
- Waking up early and playing xbox with Gemma who woke up even earlier to play because she is the bomb.
- Making little movies of me trying to throw a basketball in our hoop from the street and Gemma always missing it and filming the time when you miss completely
- Justin's Mom being so hospitable whenever we come over at 6:30 AM for pancakes
- Planning an awesome vacation back to Brazil in 2014 with my Dad for the world cup (I'm hoping!)
- Tripper's parents - they are so nice whenever I come over
- Seeing Maverick and Sawyer, Trip's niece and nephew who are adorable (UNCLE TWIPPER UNCLE TWIPPER!!)
- Giving Maverick one of my silly bands and seeing his face light up
- Drinking ice cold water after being outside in the sun
- Having a refridgerator that has the ability to dispel ice cold water
- Waking up Gitta from a nap and hearing her grumble, "Whharhht...sisi did I...wherhhhfg??" and telling her to go to bed and seeing her stand up, fold her arms, walk into the next room, and collapse on that couch
- Lazy evenings after eating one of Dad's meals where nobody wants to do anything but lay on Mom and Dad's bed and watch an old TV show
- My Dad's SALMON! mmmmmmmmhmmmm..
- 4th of July fireworks and pyrotechnic shows by Carson and Tripper
- My Mom's, Dad's, and Gemma's birthday
- My birthday and getting everything for my mission
- Golf on Green Mountain even though I am not good
- Going to the driving range
- Seeing old friends from the soccer glory days
- Going to Mountain View with Tripper and pushing the goals close together and trying to score on each other in the hot sun
- Playing Tripper's original Xbox and hearing him try to tell me about how his level 14 mage can actually fly because the magic he has is so intense it makes him float above the ground. Me just nodding and saying, "That's nice."
- Playing FIFA!
- Watching the Blazers in the playoffs
- The Hartups Cajachina Barbeque (I know I spelled that wrong)
- Not being white as snow!
- Throwing a baseball in the culdesac or kicking a soccer ball off Trip's retaining wall and potentially hitting his house several times
- Playing the garage door game Gemma and I invented (No going in the square! You can only his this door!)
- Me having a bookshelf and books to read at leisure
- Watching my favorite old shows like Combat! early when nobody else is up
- Playing court soccer with Trip in a room like this at the Vancouver Tennis Center, just with a huge tennis ball the size of a soccer ball and only using feet, no raquets.
(Any more suggestions?)
I honestly could probably go all day. I am just so excited for things to do this Summer. It is the summer before my mission, I gotta live it up the best that I can! So snow go away and bring on the sun!!
Ohmigosh. You just brought back so many freakin' memories I want to die. Whenever I thought of summer before this post I just thought, "eh...same old same old." Now I am so pumped you cannot even imagine. It's a good thing its spring break or else I would be DYING! -Gitta
ReplyDeleteI'm keeping my fingers crossed (very tightly!) that it'll work out for us to come up there... so you can tentatively add us to your list! :) And, does Brigitta have a blog, too? I can't believe how much she has changed since we last saw her.
ReplyDeletei cant wait to come home for two months. mang, the only thing that would make it better would be the world cup. i am super jealous that you get to watch all the blazers playoff games. wish i could be there.
ReplyDeletei just read that whole list and my heart like broke in half or something. i want to do all those things. right now.
ReplyDeleteYou forgot, "write my broski the trumpster as he ois in the mtc and begins his voyage of the mission".....
ReplyDelete