Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Doh!

Um, so for the past 3 days I have thought that my speakers on my desk were blown because I was playing my music too loud. Whenever I would hook up my computer to play something, there would be this buzzing sound from inside the speaker. This usually indicates that it is blown. But today, I plugged it in and heard it again, but this time I noticed a roll of duct tape over the top of the speaker, and inside the roll was an orbit gum wrapper, conveniently placed over the vent where some air comes out from the sound and out of my view. After a little sleuthing of my own I realized that by removing the gum wrapper, the buzzing sound stopped. Then the gears in my head started moving, and I realized that my speakers were indeed intact, and the sound was coming from the gum wrapper instead of the internal components. 

Wow. 

It just goes to show we can all be code breakers if we put our mind to it. 

Song of the day: (Hunter and I literally listened to it like 15 times)


2 comments:

  1. hahahah nice picture. Anddd that song is amazing as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. aw look at those basic troubleshooting skills at work. so grown up.

    ReplyDelete