So I am an avid dairy consumer. That's no secret to those who know me. I absolutely love milk. It is just one of those things that I wouldn't be able to function without. I realized today that when I am eating certain foods, I always, ALWAYS pour a glass of milk with it. Here is a list I compiled as I thought to myself;
- Top Ramen <-- Two summers ago I ate a lot of Top Ramen and always poured a huge glass of milk with it every single time
- Potato Chips
- Oreo Cookies
- Fried Chicken <-- Last night's dinner
- Donuts (Okay, I understand that a lot of the sweeter ones are self explanatory)
- My Dad's Sunday fish dinners <-- If I don't have milk with it, It's not as good
- Mexican food
- Oh...the rice that goes with the Sunday Fish dinners especially
- Barbecue baked beans
- Beef Stew
- Ice Cream makes me want milk more
- Pot roast
- Green Bean Casserole
- Stuffing
- Mashed Potatos
- Quesadilla
- Banana Nutella Sandwiches
- Peanut butter and Honey sandwiches
I also realized a long time ago that if you chew Orbit sweet mint gum and drink milk, it tastes like ice cream in the aftertaste!
So anyways, there you have it. There are definitely more things to this list, but I was just brainstorming. Milk is my favorite drink besides water, and it probably the reason that I have been running bone strong since 2001 when I broke my collarbone in 4th grade playing freeze tag.
Sorry, this is a lame blog post so far, but hey, what can you do when you think of something that you like.
In other news, my Nana from Seattle and sister who is at BYU still came down to the 'Couve to visit over the Memorial Day weekend. We had great fun! We listened to Brigitta sing loud and proud in her "Lean on Me" choir solo, watched Brigitta destroy the competition in track, went to Chipotle for some great burritos (Sorry Nana, but you will just have to come back here if you want another Chipotle burrito! No exceptions!). Also, I went into Starbucks for the first time in my entire life...(I just realized that) to get a pastry with the family. Apparently I have somehow avoided the million and a half starbucks there are in the Pacific Northwest. Tiana and I stayed up late watching some episodes of the mentalist season 1 that I hadn't seen in forever, I played Fifa with Tripper, basketball with Brigitta and amazingly Justin my hombre was here for two days over the weekend and I got to visit with him and eat some delicious desserts that his Marms made on Sunday. She is an amazing dessert chef that is for sure. Yesterday we went on a 5 mile loop hike to see 5 different waterfalls that were absolutely gorgeous, stunning, and amazing at Silver Falls state park in Oregon. I basically lost my camera in one of my jackets for the entire weekend which really stunk except for taking this awesome picture of Brigitta. She got elected to go to districts in 5...yes 5 different events...apparently you are only allowed to do 4. She is quite the athlete!
The hike was awesome, and my friend Tripper and sister Tiana each got a ton of pictures. I will hopefully get some of them soon to show everyone!
But luckily here is a picture on the internet of one of the falls that we saw, South falls. You actually get to hike behind it on that little path you can see! The entire hike was just glorious, and since it has rained pretty much non stop here since last year (exaggeration) the falls were flowing like a monsoon in Vietnam.
Sadly, the festivities are over. I don't get to sleep on the couch downstairs anymore (I loved it while it lasted Nana! My bed just isn't as comfortable!), Tiana flew home today, and its back to life here in Vancouver. Still...exciting! I learn a little bit of Portuguese every day too. So that will help when I leave to hit the field in two months and two weeks and COUNTING!!!


You may want to see a doctor. From the looks of the picture, I'd say you have jaundice.
ReplyDelete